The Scrappy Lounge is a place I go to create, scrap, get lost in a world of paper, pictures & preserving memories. Taking a piece of paper, embellishments and 'stuff' ... creating something from those things ... now that makes me happy.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Gift Card Holders

Somehow I just couldn't get excited about putting a gift card into a card for one of our employees.  So, I decided to 'spruce' it up abit and make it really look like this incredible gift.  She was so tickled today when she called to thank me ... asking me if I had made it.  I told her 'nope ... the boss did'.  Now, this gal is alittle on the shy side so I think she was speechless.  So I 'fessed up and let her know I did make it and shared how passionate I am about scrapping. 

What I did was measured the GC.  I then cut the CS double the width & 1/4" seam.  The height was cut to allow for an 1/8" or so (I'm not one to use rulers) on the bottom and about a 1/4" on top.  I then scored the CS where I would be folding.  I then folded the CS, using the 1/8" overhang to seal (used thin double stick red tape). Before I sealed the side seam, I placed a strip of the double stick tape along the inside bottom.  This way when I folded everything over, the bottom was sealed also.  Next I cut patterned paper & adhered to the CS envelope.  Using embellishments, bling & ribbon from my stash, I 'fancied' it up.  The gift card slid neatly into the envelope.    




No comments: